NEWLEAF’S PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT TEAM
Newleaf is a new Malaysian agricultural company started by a group of professionals with extensive experience in agribusiness and plantation management. With a 1,000-acre new durian plantation in Pahang, the land of durians, we specialise not just in the cultivation of durians, but in the exportation, trade and retail of this magnificent fruit as well. Our goal is to elevate the durian industry to a whole new level and create a complete agroecosystem.
- A Bachelor of Finance graduate
- International finance experience for over 15 years
- Resource integration management skills and leadership skills are his keys to success
- Aspires to create a complete agroecosystem, and to become the leader of this industry
- A Bachelor of Social Science graduate
- 13 years of marketing experience and an Angel Investor
- Excels in business model design and forward-looking strategies
- Envisions Newleaf to become the first listed Musang King durian company
- A Bachelor of Psychology graduate
- 7 years of finance and real estate experience
- Meticulous and extraordinary execution skills
- Aspires to perfect every section ranging from farming, manufacturing and processing, to retailing
- 30 years of experience in agricultural research and development, as well as orchard management
- Plays an important role in Malaysia’s agriculture with his expertise in oil palm and small crop plantation
- Shifted his focus to durian plantation 10 years ago
- Has practical experience in developing, planting, managing, and optimising durian orchards
- Introduced to durian plantation 20 years ago
- Began as an orchard apprentice and succeeded as an orchard head today
- Having a great attitude at work, he is the role model for all orchard staff
i-Farm — Newleaf’s intelligent farming system.
Unlike the traditional farming system, i-Farm is the most advanced technology for an around-the-clock durian orchard supervision and durian yield optimisation. Meanwhile, our tree owners are able to access the latest data and updates of their durian trees via unique QR codes.
Issues of Durian Orchards
Intelligent Farming System
A low durian yield is caused by various problems that come with the traditional farming system. With i-Farm – the intelligent farming system, Newleaf is confident that these problems are solved once and for all to maintain the durian yield.
Sensors are installed to detect the temperature and humidity in the air, soil moisture, and pH value to ensure a healthier growth of the durian trees.
Cameras are installed all around the orchard to facilitate the data input of orchard vehicles in order to prevent theft, as well as other safety purposes.
QR Code System:
This system records updates regarding the durian trees, including monthly photos, health condition, harvest, fertilisation and irrigation history, as well as other vital information.
Efficient Agriculture Methods
Newleaf utilises highly efficient cultivation techniques and management methods, from seed selection to sapling plantation, and then to nurturing the durian trees. This rigorous process is carried out in order to ensure the growth of the trees, as well as bountiful yields.
Advanced Grafting Technique:
Musang King shoots are grafted onto regular mature durian trees that are cut in half and debarked to ensure that the shoots can grow healthily.
Comprehensive Irrigation System:
Automated irrigation system to ensure every tree is well watered.
Efficient Fertilisation Method:
Manual fertilisation to ensure every tree receives sufficient nutrients.
Fencing and Netting:
Strategically installed fencing and netting to minimise the loss of harvest.
Shielding ripe durians from impact and breakage.
QR Code System:
Each tree is assigned a unique QR code for monthly reports and data.